What does the Learning Resource Service (LRS) offer?
120,000 high quality resources efficiently shared with family centres, ELCCs, nurseries, primary schools, secondary schools, special schools, home educators, foster parents, student and probationer teachers, Speech & Language professionals, health professionals, Community Education workers, staff and students at Forth Valley College.
We manage Bookbug Explorer and the Bookbag P1 Family Bag as well as The Read Write Count (RWC) initiative within Falkirk Council, this includes promoting the Bookbug & RWC programmes and proactively delivering the message of the importance of sharing books with babies and young children.
LRS impacting on literacy
- key player in the Falkirk Council’s Literacy Strategy and network;
- provision of e-audio and e-books with Borrowbox via Glow;
- digital book groups for Early Years’ practitioners and primary teachers;
- advice on resources;
- advice and activities to support reading for enjoyment and Reading Culture.
- delivery of storytelling and information literacy sessions with nursery and primary school children;
- delivery of CLPL sessions for teachers and support staff to promote and develop reading for enjoyment and create a Reading Culture;
- support schools and ELCCs to create vibrant, stimulating and organised environments to motivate children to develop a love of reading.