Halloween disco on Mon 30th October 2017
P1 – P3 will run from 6.15pm to 7.30pm
P4 – P7 will run from 7.45-9.00pm
Christmas fayre – datre to be confirmed
New fundraising meeting dates will also be emailed directly from the school office to all parents and therefore will appear in our Latest News page.
Please see Meetings for the full list of fundraising meeting dates.
With the assistance of parents we host Quiz Nights, Christmas Fayre and Summer Fun Day. We raise about £4000 per year from these events and this allows us to fund and support the school, with a number of annual events and activities including:
- Halloween discos for all pupils
- Christmas gifts and Christmas parties for all pupils
- P7 leavers’ ties, dictionaries and disco
- Playground equipment
- Golden time resources
- Skills Academy
- STEM WeekWe are always looking for new initiatives to support, and we particularly welcome suggestions from the pupils of Busby Primary via their Pupil Council and P7 Prefects. How would you like to see the Parent Council spend its resources?
- For more details on income generated please visit our Parent Council budget page.
- This is your school and these are your children – so please get in touch with your suggestions for how Busby Parent Council can continue to make a difference to the pupils of Busby Primary School.
- Do you know of a school project or pupil initiative which could benefit from Parent Council funds?
Halloween discos – £390
Christmas Fayre – £1473
Summer Fayre – £1648
2 Quiz nights – £764
2 P7 (pupil) Supermarket bag packing sessions – £1057
P7 Film & Tennis Afternoon – £210 = £1267
Christmas card sales – £1196
Other income (P7 2014/15 refund) – £536
Halloween disco – costs – £216
Christmas Fayre – costs – £713
Summer Fayre – costs – £497
Quiz nights costs –- £0
P7 Christmas lunch, ties, dictionaries, leavers’ party, film day – £1013
Christmas card costs – £996
Christmas books costs for P1-3 – £106
Golden Time – £250
STEM week – £1500
Event costs – School show/Parent interviews – £28
Other – web hosting, insurance – £96
P7 fundraising Yorkhill donations – £105
2014/15 – the biggest Parent Council contribution was £1650 for Science Week, and we were also able to fund buses to ‘Meet the Author’, a £200 contribution for Golden Time, Christmas book and presents for the pupils, donations to the running club and P7 lunch, and leaving ties and dictionaries.
2013/14 – Busby runs a Marathon with the support of the Big Lottery