World Book Day

WE were a day late to World Book day because we were waiting on the arrival of the new books to the school…..so today we managed to get hold of the boxes of beautiful of books which the school have just received.

We loved choosing the books that we were going to read and then we found a comfortable seat and enjoyed some silent reading.

After we read the books we had a class discussion and here are some of our book reviews:

Liam – The Day the Crayons Quit

“I would say it is a pretty good book because I like all the colours and the green crayon is very sensible because he is kind. The yellow and the orange crayons were fighting over who is the real colour of the sun. I think they are both the colours of the sun! I would recommend the book to other people!”

Evie – Whit the Clockleddy Heard

“This is a book in Scots and I loved it! I liked all the detail put into it and I really love the story about all these animals who have a good plan. I also really like the pictures in the book, they are amazing!”

Ella – Exploring Emotions

“This book was all about emotions such as happy, sleepy, angry and sad emotions. It taught me that is doesn’t matter if you lose again, it’s fine beacuse it’s only a game.”

Elise – Giraffes Can’t Dance

“I didn’t finish my book but I really like what I read and the giraffe is really funny and he just wants to dance!”

Olive – Supertato

“I thought it was really good and active. The story was about an evil pea who escaped from the freezer and supertato had to save the day with help from his friends. The evil pea tried to make him mash potato!!!!”

Harris – Supertato Veggies Assemble

“My book was also about the evil pea who let all the frozen peas escape! He unfroze the peas to make them all escape and run about and cause trouble!”