2 thoughts on “Phonics Fun😁We have been learning s a t”

1. Thanks. Catriona has been enjoying learning at school – she’s happy to recognise the letters and tell me the rhymes, but she is just not interested in writing at home. Trying to encourage her but she has never been one for drawing or colouring in. Any suggestions? Do you use a pen, pencil or crayon in class so I can try the same at home? Thanks

1. We are writing in pencils for handwriting in our blue books. The children then can experiment with rainbow writing, (different colour for each letter), we use play dough to make the letter shapes, painting letters, chalk writing. I also have a tray of sand to write our letters with our fingers and sometimes foam is out to write letters in foam. You could write letters out and the children could trace over them with fingers of a variety of pens and pencils etc.