Burns Supper

art-work

Last Wednesday was the P6 and 7s Burns supper. There was loads of dancing, singing and poems. Dances included: The Dashing White Sergeants by P7 and Strip The Willow By p6 as well as P7s recital of Address To The Toothache By Robert Burns. The first verse, recited by Oliver, goes like this:

My curse upon your venom’d stang,

That shoots my tortur’d gums alang,

And thro’ my lug gies mony a twang,

Wi’ gnawing vengeance,

Tearing my nerves wi’ bitter pang,

Like rackin’ engines!

It was also translated into English by Daniel Dotan:

My curse upon your venomous sting,

That shoots my tortured gums along,

And through my ear gives many a twinge,

With gnawing vengeance,

Tearing my nerves with bitter pain,

Like rocking engines!

All our parents were invited to the supper and after Oliver and Flora’s presentation they were served haggis, neeps and tatties and a glass of IRN BRU. All of us wore something Scottish, like some tartan clothing or a piece of tartan ribbon around the girls hair or a Scottish style tie. Oliver and Sergei both wore kilts! Another Poem called Tae A Bottle flip was recited by Sergei and Daniel Tatarenko and it was about how teachers HATE the bottle flip!

The parents, at the end, were told to look at the p6 and 7s artwork to celebrate Burns Night. The artwork consisted of Kilts by P6 and a painting of Robert Burns by P7.  The painting of Robert Burns was special because each part of the sixteen piece painting was done by a different person, which had a pretty nice effect!

By Daniel Dotan and Oliver

dsc00004    dsc00009