PODD

Thank You to one of our parents, Tracy Campbell for sharing this information with us.

Getting Started with PODD – Advice from Mary-Louise Bertram, shared in a FB group about rolling out the use of PODD with families/teams. This could be used  as the team leader’s notes on how to roll things out to pave way for successful implementation.

Getting Started with PODD: this is very simplified version of the above. This is what I’ve shared with my daughter’s team as a part of the PODD training/orientation with them. So, it’s not meant to stand on it’s own, but be an easy to reference reminder of what our focus should be depending on where we are in that initial 6 week period FOLLOWING some training on aided language stimulation and PODD-specific navigation and operations. I wouldn’t start this clock solely based on when someone has the PODD book in hand, but rather once everyone has some training on what to do (and what not to do) with it!

Communication Book – great one-pager from SLP Yvette Theodorsen about getting that PODD book with you everywhere you go!

Commenting and expressing opinions – another great one-pager from Yvette Theodorsen, which focuses on using I like this / I don’t like this to comment and express opinions.

PODD_Quick Chat Ideas: I was inspired to create this after seeing some graphics created by Carole Zangari. This is shared with  teams as part of the initial (or refresher) trainings to help exemplify the myriad things we can model just from page 1 of my daughter’s PODD book. I use this to support weeks 3 & 4 of the Getting Started doc.

How to make a simple PODD Communication book stand