November and December

We have loved reading Tom Fletcher’s novel The Christmasaurus. We were even more delighted when we found out that Miss Mitchell had treated us to the musical edition! It is a story about a boy named William Trundle, and a dinosaur, the Christmasaurus. It’s about how they meet one Christmas Eve and have a magical adventure. It’s about friendship and families, sleigh bells and Santa, singing elves and flying reindeer, music and magic. It’s about discovering your heart’s true desire, and learning that the impossible might just be possible . . .

Oliver said, “I really enjoyed the songs because they make you feel really good! They make it easier to sense the mood of the story because there will be upbeat music when the story is happy and slow when the story is sad.”

By looking at meals we enjoy eating and creating a healthy eating pyramid, we have been able to discuss and identify where we could be making better choices to have a healthier diet.

Ben shared, “I found out that some foods that I enjoy eating all of the time, like crisps, are unhealthy and should only be eaten every now and again.”

Innes realised, “Some of the foods I enjoy eating are unhealthy and I will stop eating them, for example cheese and biscuits. They are fine as a treat!”

We have discussed the important part that numbers play in the world and explored a number system that was used by civilisations in history to record numbers.

Alice said, “I used to have a clock that said the Roman Numerals on them. It was fun to learn about different numbers.”

In French lessons we have been learning about the alphabet and have started to speak about different types of weather. We can spell out our name in French.

Ella – uh, el, el, ah

Bryony – beh, er, ee-grek, oh, en, ee-grek

Aaron – ah, ah, er, oh, en

We are becoming more confident when answering the question Quel temps fait-il?

Lucy said, “Il fait chaud means it is hot.”

Murray explained that, “Il neige means it is snowing.”

We also took part in the Hour of Code and worked through some short Star Wars activities. These taught us to write simple code to programme characters in a maze game. We had to think about clear and concise instructions, possible variables and interesting ideas.

Achievements in November and December

We have been developing our drawing skills. Two of our pupils were very impressed with how realistic their self-portraits were. Pupils have performed well in dancing exams and have moved up a belt colour in martial arts.