StarGaze Drama

FAME JR………………………………

Congratultions to all the pupils who took part in last night’s premier of “Fame JR” at Eastwood Theatre.

I’m sure you will agree that everyone was amazing and all the hard work definetly paid off.

We had young people who were nervous but keen to get on stage, and others who wanted to prove to themselves that they could do it, and they surely did with a standing ovation at the end.

Miss Antelmi (Director) and Mr Hay (Musical Director) would like to thank everyone for all their support during the weekly drama sessions, supporting our young people to become confident individuals and successful learners.

Click here to see some photographs from FAME

This is a weekly after school club organised and run by volunteers from school staff, however, the principles of the drama group still tie in with a CfE and here are some of the experiences and outcomes that they have been working towards this year:

EXPRESSIVE ARTS EXPERIENCES AND OUTCOMES

• I have created and presented scripted or improvised drama, beginning to take account of audience and atmosphere
  • I have experienced the energy and excitement of presenting/performing for audiences and being part of an audience for other people’s presentations.

HEALTH AND WELLBEING EXPERIENCES AND OUTCOMES

• I know that friendship, caring, sharing, fairness and equality and love are important in building positive relationships. As I develop and value relationships, I care and show respect for myself and others.
  • I recognise that each individual has a unique blend of abilities and needs. I contribute to making my school community one that values individuals equally and is a welcoming place for all.
  • Through contributing my views, time and talents, I play a part in bringing change in my school and wider community.