EWHCF Class of 2021

P6B Blog 24.04.20

Mr Atkinson’s Comment

Welcome back P6B, I hope you all had a wonderful Easter break! I have been impressed with how you have all settled back into using Google Classroom. I have also heard about all the great work and activities P6B pupils have been doing in the local ‘hub’. My top contributors for the week are: Owen and Chloe, well done! In addition, congratulations to Molly who won our Google Classroom banner submission! I was delighted with all the submissions and it made it exceedingly difficult to select just one. Also I am pleased to announce that the winning App – ‘The Global Game’ which was created by Huang is now live and available to download in Appstore (for Apple) and Playstore (for Android)! This week I asked some of the boys and girls of P6B to write about their week for the class blog. Thank you again for sharing your experiences of home learning and the virtual classroom.

Dhruv

“This week I have had fun doing a floating and sinking experiment, creating a quiz with my spelling words and listening to the daily millions chapter. It has been a fantastic week!”

Ayaan

“This has been a really fun week, from doing different science experiments, playing with our spelling words and reading/listening to Stormbreaker. This week has been amazing and I’m excited for the week ahead.”

Austin

“I am really enjoying Strombreaker and can’t wait to find out what happens in Chapter 4. I have enjoyed a lot of the maths challenges this week especially the measuring one. I spent my ICT time doing the hour of code all about Minecraft. It was really fun.”

Olivia

“This week has been good. I have been so interested in Stormbreaker and can’t wait to find out what happens in chapter 4. For science, some of us have been experimenting with floating and sinking and others have been making paper aeroplanes (putting coins on and seeing how far they will fly)! For writing we wrote a diary entry explaining our Easter holidays. Also we have added to our personal projects and solo talks! I enjoyed this week.”

Abi

“The first week back from the Easter holidays has been great! From a great session of maths to a fabulous session of art. In writing, we have all written a diary entry to explain what we have done at home during the Easter holidays. In ICT we have been doing hour of code, chrome music lab, code combat and other activities. Also, it was fun finding out what happened in the 3rd chapter of Stormbreaker. This week has gone so fast but has been so fun. I’m really looking forward to the week ahead!”

Lois

“This week was so good. We had a lot to do like writing, maths and spelling. My favourite bit was my PE with Joe Wicks. Next week I am excited to read chapter 4 of Stormbreaker because the last chapter was so good.”

Aryan

“This week has been great, we did Joe Wicks for P.E, maths, literacy and made a comic strip based on our novels. I cannot believe that this is the last term before the Summer holidays! I enjoy the questions and feedback from the daily check-ins and it is also interesting to see what the others write.”

Zara

“This was the first week back from the Easter holidays. We had a very fun week! I really enjoyed doing art and maths. For writing this week we all wrote a diary about what we did over the Easter holidays. We also got to read chapter three of Stormbreaker which I really enjoyed. I’m looking forward to next week to see all our different activities.”

Orla

“The beginning of term 4 was amazing! At the start of the week we did maths/numeracy, comprehension, ICT, Sumdog and Expressive Arts. Mr Atkinson has also been giving a lot of lovely feedback to us, through his Daily Videos, comments and our Top Contributors that are announced every Friday! Before the Easter holidays we were also given a task (optional) to create a banner for our Google Classroom and Molly was the winner! Well done Molly!”