EWHCF Class of 2020

What a busy week for Primary 7A!

We started Monday morning by welcoming Miss Gordon to our class, over the next six weeks we will be learning with Miss Gordon and Mrs Norman and we can’t wait to show her how wonderful life at Crookfur is!

On Monday afternoon Mr McCormick from Eastwood High School science department came to teach us all about batteries and how they are made and powered. It was a great hands on lesson with the opportunity to work in groups to create our own batteries out of fruits and vegetables.

‘I was surprised that the potato wasn’t as powerful as I thought.’ AC

‘The apple had the highest reading of all the fruits and vegetables.’ MS

‘I liked that when you closed the circuit you got to watch the metre reading change.’ JL

‘It’s made me excited to work in science at high school.’ YM

This week we spent some time learning all about 3D printing and how we can design our own objects to be printed. We used tinkercad.com to design our own playing pieces and we were able to print a few already. The printer takes a while to print and some things work better than others. We will keep working on designing and creating objects. On Thursday night at our school curriculum evening our digital leaders were teaching other pupils and their grown ups how to use tinkercad and showing off the printers. It was a great night.

‘They are cool!’ Holly

‘They are very useful, we can replace small parts that break of objects around the school.’ JL

‘I like that there are so many useful things you can print.’ LC

‘Watching the printers work is really satisfying!’ JL

‘Sometimes they can be really quick if you scale down your objects.’

Wednesday lunchtime was once again Primary 7’s woodland day. Some of our woodland visitors decided to create a band and it was great fun to be part of!