EWHCF Class of 2020

Magical Maths

In Maths, we have all started to use ‘Zapper’ books for our times tables. These will help us to keep track of how we are doing with our tables and to practise them.

“Using the zappers has helped me link my division and tables so I have been finding it easier.” – Iain

“I found the zapper fun because if you get an answer right you could zap it with a z in the corner until you get four and can give it a big Z to zap it!” – Marcel

The Cubes have been learning the seven times table. We have played lots of different games, filled in multiplication wheels and coloured in the table on a number square.

The Cones and Spheres have been learning about tally marks and bar charts. You can display your information from the tally marks in a bar chart to make it easier to compare.

“We took information from a sheet that was mixed up and put it in tally marks. We used tally marks to make a bar chart.” – Esha

“It was quite hard completing the bar chart where the scale went up in twos instead of ones because you had to work out where half-squares were” – Harry