EWHCF Class of 2020

15th May 2015

We all enjoyed laying down our £1 to collect money for Nepal. We are curious about how far round the school the money will go!

Congratulations to Timothée and Rory who are Mrs Grubb’s Language Learners of the Week. Both of them have worked very hard this week! Well Done!

Congratulations to Sophia who was Mrs Grubb’s Maths Learner of the Week. Sophia worked very hard and did a good job of being team leader in her group.

In Primary 2 this week we have been learning…

In ICT we have been continuing to practise our research skills and have used these to make a Power Point about energy. Areeb and Lily

In Language the Delightful Dolphins, Amazing Alligators and Marvellous Meercats were learning to take notes. – Alexander, Lucy, Cameron, Rebecca, Aiden and Emily

In Language today the Cat in the Hat group were profiling the characters from their story. They had to decide if the characters were selfish, mean, fearless and kind and then justify their answers. Farhan

In topic the Tigers were learning about different types of houses. We even went outside to look at the different types of house we could see. Naomi

In maths the Rubies and Sapphires were continuing to work on their problem solving skills. They solved a lot of problems by drawing it out. Bethany

In Art we were practising our drawing skills this week we had to draw teddy bears and only draw the parts we could see. Some of us really took our time and added a lot of detail. Calum and Cameron

In maths the Calculators were learning about the different features of 3D shapes. We described them and played a game getting each other to guess what we were describing. Jessica

In drama this week we were trying to come up with ideas to help an old woman get her rock up the hill. We worked in groups to come up with a plan. We will share these plans with the old woman next time. – Alex

In PE this week we practised playing Rounders again this week. We were all much better at following the rules this week! Riley

What did you find easy about learning to..?

I found it easy learning to research in ICT. I can use Google. Corinne

In Art I found it easy learning to draw and I did lots of detail on the teddy bears. Areeb

In Art I found it easy to paint and choose my colours. Naomi

In Language I found the note taking easy because I know to read the text then just take the main ideas. Cameron, Riley and Bethany

I found learning to problem solve easy because I knew how to work out the calculations. Riley

In music I found learning about beat easy. We played some fun music games. Ava and Lily

I found playing Rounders in PE easy. Rory