EWHCF Class of 2020

24th of April

Congratulations to Corinne who was Mrs Grubb’s language learner of the week. She worked very hard this week and used the text to answer her questions.

Congratulations to Daniyal who was our maths learner of the week. He tried very hard and managed to complete all of his work. He learned how to make a symmetrical pattern.

In Primary 2 this week we have been learning…

Mrs Robertson’s maths side have been learning how to measure in centimetres. They learned by listening to the teacher and trying it out themselves. – Calum

In ICT we were learning how to research on the internet. We had to research about one of the types of energy we had been learning about in science. We learned that anyone can add information to Wikipedia so if we used information from there we had to check it was correct. – Jessica, Ava, Lucy G and Calum

In science we learned about energy. We learned that the two main types of energy are potential and kinetic and we sorted the types of energy we know under these headings. – Aiden, Emily C and Cameron

We made the most of the good weather and went outside for gym. Mrs Grubb taught us how to play rounders. We all worked very well as a team. – Alex and Lily

In maths we continued with our problem solving. We had to make a graph today to help us work out which month was the most popular for birthdays. We used our ‘making an organised list or table’ strategy. – Naomi

In maths the Sapphires were continuing to practise carrying tens. – Alexander

In health we continued our healthy eating topic by making coleslaw. We learned how to cut, peel and grated. Mrs Grubb was very scared we would cut ourselves!! – Cameron, Corinne, Lucy G

In art we were continuing to use our drawing skills. We were drawing still life. We had a plant that we had to draw and we had to concentrate on the detail and only draw what we saw. It was quite tricky. – Areeb

In language the Cat in the Hat group we were continuing to learn how to answer questions based on the text. We had to keep looking back at our book and use any clues that we read. – Farhan

The Marvellous Meerkats and the Amazing Alligators were practising their spelling. – Rebecca

The Rubies and the Sapphires were drawing shapes according to the instructions given by Mrs Robertson who told them how long each side should be. – Bethany and Riley

What can you do now that you couldn’t before…

We can cut, peel and grate – the tigers

I can make notes – Emily C

I can play rounders – Rory, Lucy G and Corinne

I can make powerpoints – Areeb and Emilia

I can log onto GLOW – Timothée

I can use scales to weigh things – Cameron and Emily C

I can look up information on Google – Rebecca, Calum, Aiden and Ava

I can sort different types of energy – Cameron