EWHCF Class of 2020

23rd January 2015

This week Primary 2 have been learning about ……………………..

In language we have been focussing on the main idea of the story. We have also been working on answering questions from the story. We answer the questions by looking back at the book.

In maths some of us have been revising time and others have been practising number bonds to 20.

In RE we were learning about the stories of Mohammed and talking about people who are special to us.

This week the health focus group were learning about how to plant daffodil seeds. I learned that daffodils grow in the summer and they hide in the winter. Firstly I put compost into the plant pot and made a hole for a seed. I then added then seed and covered it with compost. Corrine

In maths I was learning about money. We had to add up all the different coins to make a certain amount of money. i.e. I added a 20,50p,10p,2&2p to make 84p. Alexander.

In the Eco group I was learning about Beaver and Wild cats. I learned that Beavers were extinct in the UK 400 years ago as they were used to make different kinds of clothes. I also learned that if Wild cats breed with pet cats it causes an effect called hybrid. Emily.

In language I was learning about reading from Big books. We read a story of the Runaway duckling, which was about one of the little ducks running away from her mummy. We took turns to read the story and then worked together to answer questions about the story. Naomi

In ICT this week I was learning how to make a PowerPoint. I learned how to create different backgrounds and change the font of the writing to make it bigger or smaller. Lucy

In topic I have been learning about the five senses. Sight, hearing, touch and taste. We learned that people who are blind need read braille – feeling little dots. Lily.