EWHCF Class of 2020

21st of November

In primary 2 this week we have been learning about problem solving, alphabetical order, following instructions in PE, writing instructions, writing letters and sight and why some people wear glasses.

We have been learning about problem solving by guess, checking and improving. We were only allowed to use 5p and 10p to make an amount. It was quite hard. – Emily and Cameron

To learn alphabetical ordering we had to order the words in the correct order. We had to use our alphabet to help us put them in the correct order. Corinne and Alexander

In PE we had to follow the person in front of us and copy their movements. We had to use different movements and balances. Ava and Corinne

In language we were writing instructions on how to play hide and seek. We had to remember to use words like first, next, then, after that and finally. We had to remember to use our bossy words to tell people what to do. – Lucy G and Bethany

We learned how to write a letter by listening to the teacher and trying it out. We had a surprise letter from Mr Grinling the lighthouse keeper. We had to write back to him with ideas on how he could stop the seagulls eating his lunch! When writing letters we have to remember to write our address, date, why we are writing our letter and who it is from. – Ava, Alexander, Lily, Riley, Emilia, Naomi and Areeb.

In science we learned how some people need to wear glasses. We learned this by doing an experiment. We had a glass with a cube and penny inside. There was plastic cover over the glass then we poured water onto the plastic covering and the cube then looked much bigger. The water made a little lens this is what happens when people wear glasses. The lens bends the light. Emily C, Cameron, Riley, Ava, Jessica and Corinne.

What really made you think?
“Circle time really made me think. We had to think about one good thing that happened in school this week.” Rory

“Writing really made me think. I had to really think about my next instruction and remember how to play hide and seek.” Calum

“I really had to think when I was making my language collage. I had to think what shape and colours to use.” Naomi

“I really had to think when I was doing my alphabetical ordering. I had to keep looking back at my alphabet to help me.” Corinne

“I really had to think in problem solving. I had to think what way I would solve my question and get an answer.” Rebecca

“I really had to think at language when I was answering different types of questions. I really had to think when finding the information.” Farhan

“I really had to think in maths when I was working out half of a number. I had to remember to use my cubes and make the towers the same size.” Aiden