STEM Fair – Thurs, 12th March

We are organising a STEM Fair to help enthuse and inspire the next generaion of engineers, scientists and technologists.

The plan so far:

Date: Thursday, 12th March 2020 – from 6pm until 8:30pm
Target Audience: All P6 & P7 students from our cluster primary schools (Carlibar, Hillview and Cross Arthurlie) as well as all S1 & S2 from Barrhead High School
Objective: We have organised for a wide range of STEM companies and professionals to attend the school inlcuding Rolls Royce, NHS, Institute of Civil Engineering and local universities. Students will be able to quiz the engineers and scientists on what their jobs entail, and get involved with the experiments/equipment they bring alone.

Two things I would ask of you:

1. All parents/ carers and students (P6/P7/S1 & S2) are invited to attend our STEM Fair. We are sure the evening will be a great success and that many of you will come along on the evening.

2. If you work in a STEM role and wish to be part of this event, then I would be delighted to hear from you – partcularly those of you that are ex-pupils of Barrhead High. If you are able and willing to share your STEM experience with our students, then contact the school office in the first instance and I will get back to you.

Thanks

Mr Boag (PT STEM)

Barrhead High – STEM Fair FLYER