Duke of Edinburgh – (S4 students only)

S4 DOFE Group only:

As of last week, all S4 DOFE students have now undertaken all aspects of The Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award, including the DOFE presentations.

Final Big Push:

As of today, I have authorised every piece of evidence that the S4 DOFE group has uploaded, but every student still has some work to do before they will receive their DOFE certificate.

Expedition Section: All S4 DOFE students now need to update their expedition section, adding in the dates of their expeditions and uploading their PowerPoint presentation too.

Volunteering, Skill & Physical Sections: Not all S4 DOFE have completed these sections. It is now for students to check each section has the required number of text uploads, photographs and an assessors report.

Expeditions Payments: Most students paid for their DOFE expeditions back in September, although some students still require to make their payment. This should be done through ParentPay – trip 1 was the 5th&6th Sept, trip 2 was 25th & 26th Sept.

DOFE Certificates:

Once all of the above has been completed, I will authorise any further evidence as soon as I can.  Once all sections have been authorised by me, the student’s DOFE account is then transferred to the DOFE Manager, where a second authorisation process is undertaken.   Once the DOFE Manager is content that all criteria have been met, then certificates are usually sent to the school for distribution to students.

Note: I would urge all S4 DOFE students to have all aspects of their award completed prior to Xmas 2019. Should you delay uploading evidence, then the DOFE Manager is unlikely to authorise your account during camping season (March – October) as most of his time is spent assessing expeditions.

Please contact Mr Boag should there be any difficult with the above.