Diana Awards Recognise our Pupils

badgeTwo of our young people have had their initiative and involvement recognised at a high level when they received Diana Awards on Monday.

Our Head Boy, Adam Innes, was recognised for the work he has put in supporting other pupils in various sporting activities.  Adam has used his own skills – you may remember him as the pupil who somersaulted over my head at the PE Showcase event – to great effect. He is probably the opupilsnly pupil I would ever have trusted to make that manoeuvre!

His fellow sixth year pupil, Alana Bowden, was recognised for the work she has done in school supporting some of our younger pupils in the Support Base. Alana most recently has been very persuasive in encouraging me to part with money to help fund a lifeskills trip she has organised for some of the young people.

At an awards ceremony on Monday, co-hosted by broadcaster Bryan Burnett and our very own Tom Mackay, as part of the INSPIRE series, the two young people received their awards to recognise and reward the actions they have taken to make a difference.

Well done to both of them and a big well done to Tom who was a real hit with his relaxed style of compering.

Mr Sinclair

The link below will take you to the article in the Herald which features our pupils.

herald-article-diana-7-12-2016