Kilmarnock Academy

Keeping you up to date with information and events in Kilmarnock Academy

A Message from the Head Teacher

Dear Parent/Carer

We have had a great first term and are very much looking forward to the Christmas holidays and an exciting 2016 at Kilmarnock Academy.

There have been a lot of activities and successes this year both in attainment and wider achievement. I know you will be proud of the school’s success which reflects positively on you as parents and the pupils who are impressive, without exception. 

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the invaluable support you have given the staff over the course of the year and in particular to myself since August – it is very much appreciated. We, as a partnership, will continue to take the school forward as we strive for excellence. The future at Kilmarnock Academy is in safe hands and it is exciting times to be involved in our school.

Whilst I commend this newsletter to you there are also many ways to keep in touch with what is happening at Kilmarnock Academy.  You can find up to date information on our school blog at https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/ea/kilmarnockacademy/ which I would encourage you to check on a regular basis.  We also have a new Kilmarnock Academy Twitter account where there are instantaneous posts on our school activity.  This can be found @KilmarnockAcad, again I would ask that you please follow this to keep abreast of school matters.

We have a couple of Christmas events coming up very soon. Our fantastic Christmas Concert is on 16th December at 7pm in the Assembly Hall. Tickets can be purchased from the Music Department or at the school reception.  We also have a ‘Christmas Jumper’ day on Friday the 18th December where pupils can wear their Christmas jumpers for a £1 donation with proceeds going to charity.

Finally, I would like to wish you and your family all the best over the festive period.

Christmas Closure

Kilmarnock Academy will close on Wednesday 23rd December at 2.30 pm.  The Academy will re-open at 8.44 am on Thursday 7th January.