Dalrymple Early Childhood Centre

26/06/2020
by Mrs Miller
0 comments

Outdoor Learning – Picnic

Well we have reached the end of the  nursery year. It has been a strange one and I have missed you all over the past term and a half.

Why not celebrate the beginning of the summer holidays today by having a picnic. Invite your family and your teddy bear and have lots of fun.

Have a fantastic summer holiday and I will see you all very soon.

Christine x

Image result for picnic

26/06/2020
by Mrs Thomson
0 comments

Baby Shark

Well this is the last blog post for this session.  Lets finish with a popular song that I am sure you all know.  Have fun singing along and joining in the actions.

Remember you can look back at all the blog posts from the ladies over the last few months  if you are looking for something to keep you busy during the summer holidays.

Stay safe over the summer and we look forward to seeing everyone back in the ECC in August.  🌞

Marcia

26/06/2020
by User deactivated
0 comments

Making memories

Well it’s now time for the summer hols! I’m sure you have all been so busy during lockdown…

If you have been taking pictures of things that you have been doing, then why not make a memory album? It’s nice to have a homemade keepsake.

You could help cut out and stick the photographs in it, draw pictures inside, and get someone to help you write words. All the people in your house could paint handprints on it to decorate the cover. I’m sure you will have lots of great ideas, about how to make it look fantastic!
I’ve enjoyed our time since I joined you all last September. I hope you all have a wonderful summer holiday, and I’m looking forward to seeing you all again soon, and hearing all your news! Take care

25/06/2020
by Mrs Thomson
0 comments

I Spy game

🔍

Using your telescope, look for things beginning with the same sounds.  For example the initial sound of your name, how many things can you spy with that sound.  Once you have found that sound, choose a different sound to spy.  You can also look for objects the same colour or shape if you want to change the game.

25/06/2020
by User deactivated
0 comments

Relaxation and sleep…

We are learning that sleep and relaxation is good for our health.

Try some relaxation…We could all do with that!
Lie down, breathing in and out, or do gentle stretches. Listen to some relaxing sounds, like birds singing. I found a site to help with this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/radio

I’ve tried it and the sounds are helping me to feel sleepy! Have a talk about what you do to help you sleep? Do you know that sleep is really important to keep us healthy? It helps us to grow and use our brains better! You could draw a picture of what helps you to sleep. A favourite toy, a warm drink, story, bubble bath?