Dalrymple Primary School and ECC

Serving the community of Dalrymple

Head Teacher Update

Good afternoon,

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all well during this current situation.  I can hardly believe that January has gone already.  As we said ‘Goodbye’ to 2020 we were full of optimism and hope for 2021.  This year, so far has had a faltering start.  Whilst we are unable to offer the normal education provision, our remote learning has now been operational for the last 3 weeks.  I am fully aware that it is far from perfect and there will continue to be issues arising due to a whole host of reasons.  Rest assured, we are doing our utmost to remedy these.  Should you find that you continue to encounter problems with remote learning, please do get in touch with the school office.

I would like to thank you all for your support and patience during these times.  I am only too well aware of the difficulties and demands that home learning  brings upon parents/carers.  The relationships between you and your child is different from that of your child and their teacher/Early Years worker.  This can cause friction when things do not go according to plan – which happens all too often in my own household!  I urge you to use your own judgement, whenever necessary, to weigh up whether home learning might be the best option for your child at that time, or whether it is better for everyone’s wellbeing to take a break and do something more beneficial.  You know your child best!

I would also like to thank each of our amazing members of staff who continue to work hard and provide amazing learning opportunities and support for our children on a remote basis.  Lessons have been learned from our first lockdown last year and there is no doubt this has supported and improved the delivery of learning this time around.  Also, to staff who come into school to provide support for those pupils who are currently attending I give a huge thank you.

Over the coming days and weeks we hope to be able to offer further guidance and support to parents/carers on how best to approach this current experience.  It is so easy, in all walks of life, to develop habits and routines – some good and some bad.  The information we hope to share is aimed at each of us stopping and evaluating what we are doing.  Continuing the things that work, and stopping the things that don’t, as well perhaps taking on some new ideas and advice.