Primary 2/3 – Contact details

Hello parents and guardians of Primary 2/3,

Unfortunately, I have not been able to meet any of you. Hopefully, when things get better with Covid there will be that opportunity to meet face to face. However, for now please do not hesitate to reach out to myself via email.

My email address is:

eachloe.auchnie@glow.sch.uk

Look forward to being in contact with you all!

Miss Auchnie

Primary 5/6 Contact Details

Good afternoon,

Throughout the year I like to make myself as available as possible to help and support everyone, at home and in school. Please don’t hesitate to send me an email if you have any queries/questions at all.

My email address is:

kathleen.mcgrane@eastayrshire.org.uk

I hope this helps!

Have a great day,

Miss McGrane

Primary 2/3 – Week beginning 23rd August 2021

And just like that our first full week is in the past. Primary 2/3 had a busy and hard working week. We worked on the sounds: ay, ee, igh, ow and oo. In numeracy we were learning all about one more and one less. This week’s focus for topic was based on a story sack called Ben and the Three Bears. The pupils engaged in a range of activities from exploring bears, designing their own bears (with alliterate names too), experimenting with different resources and working as part of a team to construct dens. Our health and wellbeing explored the concept of sharing. We also created some beautiful artwork for the Flower Show. Here’s to another fantastic week!

Primary 5/6 Homework

Good morning, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. The homework for the week this week is spelling and maths. I have attached a copy of the spelling words for each group – these should be practised each day for our spelling test on Friday. I have also challenged children to identify their sound of the week this week in their environment – can they spot any words in the supermarket with the ‘oe’ sound, on street signs etc. For maths we are focusing on place value in school, their worksheet to complete at home is linked to their current learning. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask. Have a good day 🙂 Miss McGrane.