P6/7 Additional Information – Skipathon

Can P6/7 pupils please wear trousers/leggings/joggers/shorts and suitable footwear to allow us to participate in our Sponsored Skipathon, everyday next week?

Tuesday 4th May and Wednesday 5th May: school uniform t-shirt/jumper. 🟡🔵

Friday 7th May: Pupils can wear something red to mark our final day of the challenge if they wish. 🔴

Photographs will be taken throughout the event and shared on Glow Blogs and the School App.  We will also be sharing some highlights and pupil thoughts with the Cumnock Chronicle! 📰📸

Our webpage to sponsor us is: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/dalmellingtonprimaryskipathon

Thank you from everyone in Primary 6/7!

Number challenge homework

Today Mrs Forsyth set the children a wee number challenge for homework.

Practise counting on in 2s to 20.  Start within 10 and slowly increase to 20.  Begin with the use of fingers, number lines etc but slowly remove these aides until your child is able to count in 2s to 20 with more confidence.

Do some quiz questions – What is 2 more than 6?  What is 2 more than 14?

If your child finds this challenge too easy – then get them counting back in 1s and 2s from 20 with more speed!

Happy counting!

P6/7 Sponsored Skipathon – Count down is on!

We are very much looking forward to starting our Skipathon next week, in aid of the British Heart Foundation.  Please sponsor us if you can for this great cause.  We will begin on Tuesday 4th May and skip for 3 hours over 3 days, finishing on Friday 7th May.  Keep checking our Blog and School App for updates and we will feature in an edition of the Cumnock Chronicle very soon!

To donate please visit:  https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/dalmellingtonprimaryskipathon

Thank you!

From Primary 6/7

Week commencing 26th April 2021

We are buzzing this week about our new learning about  some very important  insects, bees. We are starting a mini topic investigation all about bees and have been asking the children about what they want to find out. Our learning will have a focus on or eco system and the importance of these busy bees. I have posted our plans for this week. Can I ask you to refrain from adding the smiley to your reading of home readers as it appears when you do this the book is no longer available for a second or subsequent read and the children should of course be revisiting the text every night.  Any problems with on line  access please let me know and I can send home a hard copy .

We continue to amazed at the adaptability of these young people and their appetite for learning. Keep up  all the good ways you are encouraging them at home. The term is racing through , too fast for my liking as they put a smile on my face everyday.