Super School by Abbie and Olivia in S1

Concept art for the school
Credit Sheppard Robson

Soon, pupils from nursery school and beyond will be learning in a £62 million school. This school will include: Barshare and Greenmill primaries, Cumnock and Auchinleck academies and Hillside. The new super school will be built on Broomfield and Knockroon. The new super school has had very mixed reactions. A lot of people like it and a lot of people totally disagree with the idea. Although we are first year we will be in third year by the time the school is built. Our opinion is that the new school is a great idea but not on Broomfield as there are many other suitable places for the school to be built. We have interviewed some students and teachers to see what their opinions are.

“I think the new school is going to be really good for the community. The technical department moving in will affect me because I have to clean out my room much quicker than the other teachers.”  A Science teacher.

“I think the new school is an okay idea because the other schools are falling apart.”

-Hannah L. ( S1 )

“We have to plan much further in advance because we are being moved twice. We are moving to the main building and then to the new super school, But I’m looking forward to getting new equipment.” A technical teacher

“I would change the location because lots of people use Broomfield.  I learned how to ride my bike there.”

-Rebecca S. (s1)