Mrs O’Neill’s Update 17.06.20

Hi Primary 1

Thank you so much to everyone who is continuing to email and share their learning experiences during lockdown.  It is always so lovely to hear from you.  I frequently check my emails so if you haven’t got in touch yet, but still want to, please send me a message.  How are you?  How has your week been?  I hope you are all keeping well and continuing to stay safe.

We have moved into the summer months now and, with the weather being mostly dry, I have been learning more about different types of trees.  I found these leaves out on my walk.  Do you know what trees or bushes they belong to?  Ask an adult in your house if they know?  Answers (I think) are at the end of the blog post.

When you are out on your daily exercise, look at the trees and bushes in our local area.  They provide homes and food for animals (including very hungry caterpillars).  They use light to make their food and they help to clean our air.  Trees are important to our health and the health of our planet.

We turned our leaves over so that the veins of the leaf were pointing upwards and sandwiched them between 2 pieces of paper to do some leaf rubbings.

Take care everyone,

Jenny O’Neill

Email: eajennifer.oneill@glow.sch.uk

Answers

One thought on “Mrs O’Neill’s Update 17.06.20”

1. Hi Mrs O’ Neill,

Hope you are keeping well.

This week I made a den but when my sister went in it it fell down. We need to try again soon so I can have a shot.

This week as my project we have been learning about India. I like how the people let the cows walk on the roads and I also want a shot on a Tuk Tuk. Esme and I are now going to make a Taj Mahal.

This week with Dad we also designed our own Emoji’s. Esme and I made the same emoji’s apart from their hats and we were not even in the same room. How funny was that. 🙂

Keep safe

Archie