10 am post

Since the weather is lovely here is an activity you can do outside.

Can you make a magic potion ?

You will need a jar, bowl, bucket, empty bottle of any type of container to put your potion in.

Here’s some suggestions of what you could use to create your potion: water, washing up liquid, food colouring, shampoo, shower gel, shaving foam, glitter, paint, twigs, leaves or stones.

Encourage your child to unscrew lids, stir, pour/fill and squeeze to add items to their potions.

When creating your potions use of language such as full, empty, heavy and light. You could also count how many of each item you put into your potion such as 6 stones, one twig and 3 spoonful’s of glitter.

Encourage your child to use their imagination to talk about who makes magic potions? What will their magic potion do? They could explore role play and pretend to be a wizard or a magician.

My magic potion makes me invisible so I can read my favourite book, 5 minutes’ peace. 

I can’t wait to hear what your magic potions do.

(please ensure your child does not consume their potion)