You (pupils, family & staff) are invited to the exciting Doon Academy Sports Speakers Event taking place on Wednesday 8th March between 7.00pm and 8.30pm at Doon Academy.
The event will comprise of Sports Speakers from various backgrounds whom now have careers based in sports. They will talk about their pathways into sport, what they feel sport has done for them and what influence sport has had on the communities they lived in growing up.
This is a great opportunity for our young people and community to learn about careers and pathways based around sport. It is also an amazing chance for you and/or your child to listen to people at the peak of their career or sport talk about the opportunities they have been given. The Doon Valley would likewise benefit from hearing about the positive impact sport can have on the local community if people are willing to pull together and get behind an idea – especially a sports initiative!
Some of the speakers who will be attending are:
• Kilmarnock FC player and Development Officer
• Sports scholarship company – Route2pro Soccer
• Commonwealth Games Athletes
• Scottish Boxing International
• College Sports Head of Education
• Junior Football and Vibrant Communities Sports Team Manager
• Local Tennis Community Coach
• PGA Tour Professional Golfer
• Rangers Ladies Player
• Physical Education Teacher
• Young Ambassador and Sports Council Member
• Glasgow Warriors
• Police in Sport and Community
Refreshments will be provided on the night as well as the chance to chat to some of the speakers and hear more about their inspiring time in sport and ask any questions about how you or your child could involve yourself more in Sport in the community.