What’s new on Teaching Technologies

It’s Inset time here in Dumfries & Galloway, and I have been lucky enough to have had the opportunity to share the Teaching Technologies resources with teachers from the Maxwellton High School Cluster as well as Wallace Hall Academy and Primary.   I know some have subscribed to the blog, so very warm welcome to them!

One of the great things about talking to other teachers is the opportunity to share ideas and resources, especially when a teacher says they’ve used a resource and recommends it.  So a big thank you to the very nice teacher from one of the Max High cluster schools (sorry don’t know your name!) who recommended Kodable.

Kodable provides “everything you need to teach programming”.  It is free to get started and allows you to create accounts for pupils, set tasks and track their progress.   You get access to a lot of content for free, however, you need to upgrade to a paid for package to access additional lessons and features.  Why not have a look at it here.

I have also created a new page within Digital Literacy where I will share learning packs which explore an aspect of digital technology within the context of another curricular area or interdisciplinary learning topic.  The first one looks at Creating a Glow Blog or Website.  I would really welcome your feedback and suggestions for improvements or for other topics you would like developed.  Please let me know what you think using the Contact Us page.

I look forward to hearing from you but in the meantime,

Enjoy Teaching Technologies!

Carol