Democracy in the upper school!

The upper school are currently working on the context ‘Democracy’. We have been creating our own parties  in our different classes and devising policies which we think are important to us.

On Wednesday 25th of September Mrs Mackechnie  from the Scottish parliament came to visit P5 – P7. She shared how our election system works in Scotland and the UK. We got a chance to vote on different things and also held a mini debate. Everyone learned lots!

I liked the visit because it was a great experience getting to know the answers to questions I did not know –  Morven P7

I thought that it very interesting to learn more about parliament and the laws that we live under. – Lewis P6/7

On Monday 30th September we had a special visit from some of our MSPs. Oliver Mundell (Conservative), Joan Mcalpine (SNP) and Colin Smyth (Labour) came to the school. We were able to ask them lots of questions about issues which were important to us. It was a very interesting session.

I liked how all the MSPs were very honest and took forward our ideas – Skye P7

I thought it was fascinating to find out their opinions on lots of different things in parliament.