BIG READ

12.03.20 Our destination this week in our READ AROUND THE WORLD adventure is Africa! You can find all the books in the document below on EPIC. Let us know what you you are reading and post a quick review on the blog.

ReadAround the World – AFRICA

05.03.21  This week for our Read around the World challenge we will be visiting India! Click the link below to discover some fiction and non-fiction books on EPIC  that will take you on a journey to this fascinating country. Let us know on the blog what you have been reading and if you have any other reading recommendations from around the world.

Read Around the World – INDIA

26.02.21 Reading Challenge!

Read around the world challenge

12.02.21  BIG READ TASKS

Get Creative with Reading

Hi Everyone,

I’ve posted a clip of the Danger is Everywhere novel by David O Doherty that I mentioned on book blether this morning. If you like the Tom Gates and Diary of a Wimpy kid books I think this book will appeal to you!

05.02.21  BIG READ TASKS  – NON FICTION SPECIAL!

Reading Task

29.01.21 BIG READ TASKS

Reading Tasks – Scottish week

Scots Poems Powerpoint

Neeps_and_Tatties_Carey_Morning_Anna_York      Neeps and Tatties Reading Task map

22.01.21  BIG READ TASKS

Some new reading tasks for you to have a go at this week!

Reading Dares          Famous Book Quotes Quiz

21.01.21  EPIC NEWS – You have read another 100 books since last Thursday and have earned your 200+ readerpillar badge!!! Remember to let us know on the blog if you have read anything you think your friends will enjoy. It’s great to have some recommendations!

Remember, I have recommended some fiction books linked to the Arctic if you are looking for some inspiration. I see some of you have read a few already – hope you’re enjoying them!

15.01.21  BIG READ TASKS

I’ve popped a couple of tasks below for you to have a go at. Let us know on the blog what your book personality is and we will see if anyone can recommend some books you might enjoy. You could also search EPIC to find some books that match your book personality!

Book Cover Quiz p1-3     

book_personality_quiz

Wow! 100 books read on EPIC and we’re only on week 1 of home learning!! Keep up the great work everyone!  EPIC 100 books

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all had a fab Christmas and a very happy New Year! Welcome back to the Holywood Big Read blog page. I will be using this page to post weekly reading activities and anything book related.

In the meantime I have a new EPIC class code so you can access LOADS of fab books while learning at home.

https://www.getepic.com/

class code: zla4444

If anyone is itching to get started with some reading tasks, you will find the tasks from our last home learning attached below. Some of you might not have had a chance to do them at the time.

We love to hear about what you are reading at home so remember to pop on the blog and tell us about the books you are loving right now.

Big Read will be back at 9am every Friday followed by a book blether around 9.30am. Look out for a new reading task on this page every Friday too.

Looking forward to hearing from you all soon.

Happy Reading!

Mrs Jardine

BIG READ TASKS