What Would You Do If A Dragon Came To Stay?

As part of our work on Chinese New Year, a little dragon came to visit us in Nursery which prompted a discussion about what we would do if we got a pet dragon for our birthday. This was an exciting idea for most children and they thought carefully about how they would look after a pet like that.

Sophie S: I’d keep it in my bed. I’ve got a big, big bed for dragons. You could take it up to the park on the swings.
Hollie: it would sleep on the couch ’cause my bed’s only little. It would eat stones.
Fay: I’d give it oranges to eat because they’re so sweet.
Jade S: he would sleep next to me and keep me warmer than my hot water bottle. He would have chicken breast, peas and broccoli for tea. Me and the dragon would have a feast every night.
Aoife: I’d take it to my house and on a walk. Dragons eat apples.
Sophie M: I’d take him down the river to get some fish. He could roast it himself by breathing fire.
Sian: it would sleep under my bed and eat sausages and peas.
Oliver: I’d keep it where it would be safe – in a cage so it wouldn’t run away.
Effy: if I had a dragon, I’d keep it in a tent inside. You’d need a big tent. I’d feed it leaves.
Conan: I’d keep it in a cage but inside to keep it warm. I’d give it chicken and peas.
Willow: I’d keep it in my tree house. My Mummy said it’s for your teddies and your dragon.
Torrin: I’d keep it in a basket made out of metal with a metal lid and a lock so it can’t get out. I’d give it something to eat after it had a sleep. It might run away to a knight’s home.
Ewan: I’d keep my dragon in my wardrobe so it wouldn’t fly away.
Zander: he would sleep under my bed to keep my feet warm. I’d give him macaroni.
Dylan: I’d keep him under the bed and give him spaghetti.
Theo: I’d keep it in the living room on the couch. I’d give it cereal – I think it would like Cheerios.
Ben: it would sleep in my cat’s room and eat pizza with pepperoni.

What a lot of super ideas and there were many more. So now we have plenty suggestions of what to do if a dragon ever comes to stay.