What Can You See?

The children in the Rainbow Room have been looking very closely at their faces in the mirror as they talk about what they can see and try to draw their own faces. As part of their close observation, the children decided what colour their eyes were and added a tally mark on the chart to record their findings. They found that, in their room, blue was the most common eye colour. As well as producing great drawings of their faces, we loved some of the children’s comments so would like to share them with you too.

Tiana-Rose: I have two eyes, eyes blink. Our eyes are to see. I have a tongue and teeth inside my mouth. I’ve got baby teeth. You blow noses.
Jackson: I see two eyes, a nose, a mouth, a finger, two eyebrows. I see with my eyes.
Lewis: my eyes are blue on the inside. I’ve added yellow around my eyes as it looks like skin. You close your eyes to sleep. I have two nostrils. Some people have different coloured eyes.
Euan: I eat with my mouth. My tongue is in my mouth. I see with my eyes. I listen with my ears. Look at my big enormous head.
Jake: I’ve got a big head now, a huge head. My eyes are big, mouth, teeth big, my hair’s big … big blue eyes.
Emily M: I’m making a big smiley face. I’ve got brown eyes and another colour in my eyes.
Filip: I’m bigger now … brown eyes … one, two eyes. I’m not sad, I’m happy.