Healthy Eating

The children in the Rainbow Room looked at the healthy eating triangle to help them understand which foods help us grow and stay healthy and which foods are only to be eaten in moderation. The children were keen to discuss the type of foods they eat and showed an understanding of which foods are healthy.

Jackson: I like corn and carrots. I don’t like broccolis. I like oranges, apples and watermelon. Just a little cake to keep healthy.
Danielle: I like carrot and potato with gravy.
Tom: waffles go in the top triangle. You have a little bit. Your arms will grow up if you eat healthy. You have to keep exercising too. I’m like a cannonball.
Alex: it’s a peapod. The peas are inside it. I love fish chopped up. My Granny showed me how to make pasta. I would cook with a tomato. I’d make tomato sauce.
Aoife: the biscuit goes at the top with the cake. You just have a little. Bread and pasta is healthy. You can eat tomatoes, slice tomatoes and squeeze them to make juice.
Emily: it’s a triangle. You can have lots of strawberries and a little drop sweeties. I like strawberries. You can just have one lollipop.
Tiana-Rose: you must just have one cupcake.
Letti: toast is healthy. I like butter and jam on it.
Primrose: carrots are healthy. I like sweetcorn and bananas.
Nancy: you have to keep drinking and eating to keep your energy up.
Oscar: don’t eat all of the jam. It’s strawberries and sugar. Strawberries are healthy.
Safoora: bananas and oranges are healthy.
Zack: my favourite is apples. They make me stronger.
Arthur: if you eat too much sugar you get sick.
Jessica: I like water, strawberries and grapes.