Telling the Time

This week we have learned out 35th sound! Wow! It was the sound ‘ou‘.

the 'ou' sound

The action for this sound is to use the pointing finger of one hand and pretend it is a needle and jab your other hand and say ‘ou!’

the action for 'ou'

We have been doing a lot of time work this week. We have also started to look at digital time. We used the time washing line and matched analogue clocks to digital clocks. We played time bingo games and used the Bee Bot and time Bee Bot mats.

We made another sea creature to add to our Under the Sea wall. This time we made an octopus. We covered a plastic cup in strips of blue and green paper. Then we curled strips of blue paper to make its’ tenticles. This was very tricky and we had to concentrate hard!

Finally, we glued the tenticles on to the octopus body and drew a face with black pen.

We were very lucky and the school was gifted apple and pear trees from Morrisons for our community garden. On Thursday ‘gardeners‘ from every stage went out and helped Miss Simpson plant the trees. Lets hope they grow strong and we get fruit to eat!

Notices for Parents :

Gym – Every Monday and Friday. Please ensure your child has a full gym kit in school on these days.

Homework – Words and sounds every night.

Open Doors – Every Wednesday, 3.00pm3.15pm.

One thought on “Telling the Time”

1. Well done Primary 1, I am so impressed with all the learning that is going on in your classrooms. I am sorry I have not been in your classes much but I promise I will visit soon. I think your blog is fantastic.