P7@Menstrie Primary

Working hard so we lead by example!

Weekly News

w/c 12th November 2018

So Skiing should definitely be on this week and we have even had confirmation of the date for Thursday 15th November all day and half day on the 22nd November. If you can help out on the day we could do with two parent helpers. The children have been working hard on their fractions this week and their homework is for them to help them consolidate.

The book fair is arriving Wednesday 14th November for a week.

There is a non-uniform day on Friday 16th November and donations will be going to Children in Need.

There has been a visit from Alva Academy transition team this week and they have been preparing the children for transition to high school.

w/c 5th November 2018

Busy week this week. We have Skiing all day on Monday at Firpark. We will be leaving at 9:30. Please can you make sure the children have long trousers and gloves and are wrapped up warm. They will also need a packed lunch as we are staying there for the whole day.

Snapshot Jotters will be sent home this week. I have included an electronic form for parent feedback in Google Classroom for the children as part of their assignments this week. They will show you where to fill this in.

The Primary Science Teaching Trust are in to observe the children and myself on Wednesday as part of the Primary Science Teacher of the Year 2018 shortlisting. They will observe a science lesson and ask questions of children and adults around the school.

Check the sports page for Sports updates.

w/c 29th October 2018

Remember that this Wednesday is Outdoor Learning Day and the children will be required to wear clothes that should be old and able to get dirty. Last year even after warning parents/carers that we were going to be using paint we still got complaints that children came home covered in paint so please ensure that the clothes worn can be damaged.

Also, there is the Halloween Disco on Thursday 1st November and tickets are available from the Parent Council.

Thank you for supporting the new Google Classroom homework system. I will endeavour to answer all queries and understand that the next few weeks are a learning process but already feel that the new system is so much more efficient.

The new Maths Rigour calendar will be up and running from early November and I will post the YouTube clip of the answers soon.

w/c 22nd October 2018

Thank you for all your support with the Coffee Evening. The P7’s worked well to ensure the children all looked beautiful when leaving the area.

We will be finishing off Snapshot Jotters this week and these will be sent out w/c 5th November alongside interim reports.

I have made a major change to how I will be setting homework and will be using Google Classroom to set and mark homework. You should find it easier to track your child’s homework and I will be able to track whether they have completed it or not too. I have left instructions on how to log in to the homework on the technology page.

w/c 8th October 2018

The Coffee Evening will be running from 7 until 8:30 on Thursday this week. Tickets are available on the door and include coffee and a pancake. There are lots of stalls for all ages so why not bring the extended family.

This week is Snapshot week for P7 and the children will completing some Holistic assessments in Numeracy, Literacy and 1+2. They will be sent home w/c 5th November.

Homework has been updated on OneNote and I have included the Maths Challenge Calendar for October in the Homework folder. I have also included a youtube clip of the answers for the September Calendar. The new term colour for Spelling is blue until Christmas break.

Enjoy your holidays and I look forward to continuing to try and update this blog on a regular basis.

w/c 24th September 2018

Dalguise payment is due today so if you haven’t signed up for it please send in the form and deposit.

Wednesday is a European Day of Languages and the children will be presenting to the school what they have learned about their French Speaking country as well as listening to the European songs from the rest of the school.

Friday morning is Touch Rugby so please make sure you have brought back your permission slip if you are taking part.

Friday afternoon is also achievement assembly for the children to celebrate success in school and outwith.

w/c 17th September

Busy week this week. There is a Dalguise Information Evening that will start in the P7 classroom at 6:15pm on Thursday. Please ensure that you come prepared with questions and encourage the children to convey any issues or anxieties they may have about Dalguise.

I will be available after this to answer any questions about homework or technology. (School related!!).

I am away at the Scottish Learning Festival with Mrs Murray on Wednesday so Miss Henderson will be in the class.

The P7 assembly date is pencilled in for the 30th January 2019 at the moment but this may be subject to change. I will update the blog when I know a time for this.

OYCI have been working with a group of children to produce Dog Bag holders and they have been positioned around the school area.

w/c 10th September

Oooops.

w/c 3rd September 2018

There is a Glow workshop at 4pm in school on Tuesday 4th September 2018. It is to update parents/carers with how we are using Glow and Microsoft Ofiice 365 in school and how we use it for Homework in P7.

OYCI will be in for their first session of 6 on Monday with Group 1 as part of the Hillfoots transition project.

School Photos will happen on Monday 10th September for individuals and sibling groups.

Living Streets are in on Tuesday to show children how to monitor how we travel to school and to show the rest of the school.