P7@Menstrie Primary

Working hard so we lead by example!

MATHS MASTERY

I am currently working with the children on a Maths Mastery approach with their Numeracy. It involves thinking more deeply about the context of their work and encourages them to discuss their strategies with their peers. It follows a Concrete, Pictorial and Abstract approach to Numeracy and I feel the children are finding it quicker to embed their learning.

Here is a link to a video that will explain more.

What Is Maths Mastery?

This link is about the Concrete Pictorial Abstract approach.

Concrete Pictorial Abstract

HOMEWORK

Homework will be posted on OneNote each week and the children are being encouraged to update their document and share it with me. I will then mark it with comments and the children with be able to view my comments if they check back. If you have any technology related issues please do not hesitate to contact me.

SUMDOG

sumdog

Sumdog’s educational games are used in thousands of schools worldwide. They motivate children to work on maths, reading and writing.

All pupils in Mr Furzer’s and Mrs Wilkin’s class have been registered to play on Sumdog and enjoy this great learning tool. Questions will be given at their level and there will be challenges along the way. Go to sumdog.com to start the fun. (Login details in have been handed out and are available on request)