The results from our vote are now in…
The 3 rights for our school charter will be:
Article 15 – you have the right to choose your friends and form groups so long as they are not harmful to others.
Article 19 – You have the right to be protected from harm, in body or in mind.
Article 29 – You have the right to an education that develops your personality, talents and abilities to the fullest. It should encourage you to respect other peoples’ human rights, and your own and other cultures. It should also help you learn to live peacefully, protect the environment and respect other people.
In August, our brand new school charter will be officially launched and for this we need your help. Josh had a brilliant idea of designing a mascot to represent each of the 3 rights. This will help each right become identifiable and will also help the younger children to understand what the school charter means.
We will be running a mascot designing competition to decide what these mascots will look like. The competition is open from all P5-7s and you can enter as many times as you wish.
Here are some of the contest guidelines:
- Contest runs from today until 8th June (two weeks)
- Mascots must have a name and bright, attractive design related to your chosen right.
- Your entry should be done on A4 paper and your name and class should be on the back.
- You can do just one mascot or design a mascot for each of the chosen rights.
- Winning entries will be displayed around the school.
- Entries should be submitted to your class RRSA steering group rep.
- Winner will be announced before the end of term.
- If you have any questions, please see your RRSA rep.
We look forward to seeing all your designs!