SNOW DAY!

Hopefully many of you will check the blog, as we discussed in class last week. Here are some suggestions for things you could do at home today:

Numeracy:Practise your times tables. Make a set of cards or dominoes or play a board game, only moving if you get the correct answer!

Click on the links to the maths games and blast some ghosts or bop some aliens!

Daily writing: Have a go at this 100 word challenge

SNOW   DOG     CRASH     PINK     WINDOW  Upload your story using the comments button above.

Practise your poem for Friday.

Snowy stuff:

Make a snowman and take a photo.

Go to Wordle and make a word cloud using icy and snowy words.

Get outside and have some fun!

Take care in the snow and hopefully I’ll see you all tomorrow.

8 thoughts on “SNOW DAY!”

1. One snow day like 22.1.2013 two pupils called Tim and John made a dog out of snow.It was a cute snow dog.The next day it had melted and crash, they broke a window in rage.They had loved the snow dog and it broke their heart to lose it.They got angry with their sister and said she did it.At the time she was paining her car pink .There mum said mothernature had did it.They said “we hate mothernature”.Mum said “don’t hate mothernature,melting snow is her job and we love it that way”.They would just have to fix the broken window.

2. Hello Christopher, I love your story, so much so that I have copied it over onto the school blog!( I hope you don’t mind.) I like that the children made a snow dog rather than a snow man. You have used all the prompt words and NEARLY kept within the word limit. 😀 I hope you enjoyed your snow day and managed to get outside for some fun in the snow.

3. Hi Mrs Maclean me and my sister and my dad are away to make a snowman or a snowlady. My mum is away to work and yesterday we went to my grannys house she is beside a filed on a hill so the snow blows down you cant even see the road my mum got stuck in the snow so i had to walk not that far fromthe house hope to see you on friday.

4. Good Morning Erin! As you might know by now, the school has been closed to everyone again today. I am snowed in too…. lots of big snow drifts to get stuck in! I’ll post some pictures of my garden later this morning. Off outside to feed the birds, if you have any stale bread, maybe you could put some out and see if any birds come to visit.I have a robin sitting looking at me through the window, waiting for his breakfast! 🙂 Check back later and I’ll put up some new games to try.