Jack’s 100 word challenge

Once upon a time there were space rockets. Some green broccoli was on the rocket and it was 9,000 million miles away from earth. Earth was tiny. We went to Zlog, a planet in another dimension. When we got there, their king was a Cyclops with a green piano. He played one note and it exploded into little bits. I ran for 1 hour and a half. I was sure I heard a creak coming from behind me……

Emily’s 100 word challenge

On Sunday night, Merida, her parents and her little brothers came to the dining room. We were just sitting down for dinner when Angus ( Merida’s horse) galloped into the house! It was very strange because horses are supposed to be in a stable at night. And I had definitely put him in the stable and locked the door. Suddenly a huge bear appeared. “Roar!” Angus hid under the table. Dad took his sword out of his long pocket and took the bear’s life. Angus crawled out from under the table. “Phew!”

Grace’s 100 word challenge

One beautiful night I was going to my friend Jenny’s house. When I got there we played some games before dinner. We played Twister, Hangman, Mums and Dads and Monopoly, it was fun. Then her brother played a card game with us. We were winning … and that was when it happened.
“It’s dinner time,” yelled Jenny’s mum. We went downstairs. We were very hungry and we were just sitting down for dinner when the lights went out. It went silent. There was a glow at the door. I walked to it and as I opened it I saw Nanny MacPhee. I gasped. I was very scared.

Claire’s 100 word challenge

We were just sitting down for dinner when my dog barked and we all followed her outside to the shed. We found a baby fox stuck in the fence, so my dad went inside to get some pliers to cut the fence. We got the fox out and took it inside to fix it up and make its cuts heal up. Then we took the baby fox to the vet and they made it better. We took it home again and when we got there we heard a howling noise coming from outside. We opened the door and the mummy fox came inside. They stayed forever.

Kalina’s 100 word challenge

Looking behind me, I saw a hazy figure and the dungeon started to go eerily quiet. I turned back round then I felt a heavy cold breeze shiver up my spine. A voice, no… more of a whisper, was like a breath in my ear. It was almost like a skeleton and I was sooo scared. It was old, ragged, bony with long brown toenails. It was disgusting… I could not stand it any longer. It was shocking to see a gangster skeleton…. I could not believe my eyes!

Ben’s 100 word challenge

Looking behind me I saw a large run down castle. I started to walk very quietly, saying anyone home? No-one answered. I headed towards the big door. I reached out with my shivering hand. I tried to stop my hand from knocking on the door. The knock sent a long echo through the corridors. The door started to slowly but creakily open. I ran to the first set of rocky stairs and went to the top of the highest tower. As I looked down I saw skeletons walking slowly.