Spanish & French Artists- Art Week

Bonjour! Hola!

Boys and Girls today you will be learning about some famous artists, a bit of their history, where they lived and their most famous pieces of art. To do that, you will see the information on the sways and you will locate every important place in relation to them on Google Earth.

You will be looking at four artists, two from Spain and two from France. They all did amazing pieces of art, some of them you can find them in museums and others you can see from high up in the sky!

Spicy: Look up for the places given in the Sways, write in your journal about the one you thought was most interesting.

Hot: Choose your favourite artist and do some research about him so you can tell us more.

Let’s begin.

Spain

-Antoni Gaudí

-Pablo Picasso

France

-Claude Monet

-Gustave Eiffel

First, a reminder of how to use Google Earth in this sway.

Go to this Sway

Spain

Let’s explore these two well known artists by clicking in the sway.

Go to this Sway

France

Go to this Sway

Comment about your thoughts and your work.

8 thoughts on “Spanish & French Artists- Art Week”

1. Hi Miss Maturana and Ms Rees I researched Antoni Gaudi his buildings look amazing I would love to go La Sangrada Familia one day there is so much effort put into the building.

1. Morning Megan. I think you would love his architecture. I’ve visited Barcelona a couple of times and have been to La Sagrada Familia. It really is spectacular and totally unique. My most favourite Gaudi building is the Casa Batllo, on the Passeig de Gracia in the centre of the city. See if you can find it!

2. Hola Megan, well done! I have just replied to your email, you did a fantastic job. I think it was a great choice to choose Gaudi and as Ms Rees said La Sagrada Familia is spectacular and unique. I love Park Güell too and all the details in the construction, I am sure you will love it when you have the chance to visit. 🙂

2. Hi, My family and I visited Claude Monet’s house in France some years ago as I really like his work. It was so amazing to see the bridge and the lily pads he drew. His kitchen was bright yellow- I loved it. There was a lovely little church beside his house as well.

1. Hi Mrs Fraser, that is so lovely to hear. I personally haven’t been there but from your description sounds amazing and as magical as his paintings. I have been though to the Pablo Picasso Museum in Paris, I was amazed by all the Cubism art around and their meaning.