‘My Worry Box’ – Spicy Poem

Good morning, everyone.

Many of us are experiencing all kinds of emotions at the moment, which is perfectly normal, but we don’t want to let ourselves become overwhelmed by them.  It’s good to find ways of helping ourselves stay positive.

Today’s poem focuses on the subject of keeping our minds healthy, and describes one person’s way of dealing with his worrying thoughts.

Click on the first Sway to read the poem.

Now click on the second Sway to access the follow-up questions. Remember to answer in full sentences and check that you have included capitals and full-stops.

Extension task:  What else could the poet have done to make himself feel better?  What do YOU find helpful when you’re feeing sad, worried or upset?  Discuss with your family and write your thoughts in your Home Learning Journal.

12 thoughts on “‘My Worry Box’ – Spicy Poem”

1. I really like this- so important to get those worries out in the open and get help with them. I look forward to reading your thoughts.

1. That sounds like exactly the sort of thing to take your mind off something that’s worrying you, Sorcha. Spending time with animals is very comforting.

1. Thank you, Henry. I’m glad you found it thought-provoking. I hope you will try discussing some of the questions with your family.

1. I can imagine it is quite fascinating watching them wriggling around, Adam. Thank you for letting me know.

2. That even sounds relaxing Adam, I can imagine how good must feel watching them. Thank you for sharing that 🙂

1. That’s a lovely thing to do, Spencer. It’s so important to be able to lift our spirits when we’re feeling worried or sad. Lots of people have mentioned how much comfort their pets bring. I’m glad that works for you too. 🙂