Braemar School

Braemar School works together to provide an ethos where everyone feels happy, safe, supported and challenged to be the best they can be.

March 5, 2019
by Mrs Maclean

Welcome to our blog

Welcome to our school blog. This online space will help us to share our learning with parents, carers and the wider world and will contain weblinks to support learning. Much of the content will be created by the pupils themselves, as they develop their digital skills and learn about staying safe online. We hope you enjoy finding out about what we get up to in school. Please check back often and leave us a comment.

April 25, 2020
by Mrs Maclean
0 comments

Staying Active

We have had some lovely weather the last few weeks and that’s certainly helped lots of you get outside for your daily activity. Here are some ideas for activities to try at home if the weather isn’t so great, with materials which are readily available.

Remember, Early Level is generally Nursery and Primary 1, First Level is Primary 2 to Primary 4 and Second Level is usually Primary 5 to Primary 7. Let us know in the comments if you try any of the suggestions.

The first resource was produced by the Scottish Association of Teachers of Physical Education. (Some of the activities are not suitable for our current lockdown situation, as they were produced for Home Learning under normal conditions. )

As always, for any of these resources, make sure that you warm up correctly, choose a task within your own fitness level and are working in a safe space.

The second set of resources were created by the Youth Sport Trust. Let us know in the comments if you try any of the challenges.

This final set are fun activities gathered from various places- remember to check with an adult before trying any of the activities- especially Couch Island. šŸ™‚

April 5, 2020
by Mrs Maclean
0 comments

Easter Holiday Fun

Here are a few suggestions of activities to keep you busy over the holidays. I will continue to add to it as I come across new ideas. Please let us know what you try, by leaving us a comment on here or posting to Seesaw.

STEM Challenges

Click here for 44 science, technology and engineering challenges.

Creative ideas for iPads

Here are some great activities for iPad or iPhone users.

The Great Indoors

A growing collection of fantastic activities from The Scout Association, click here to access.

Drawing ideas

Lego Challenge, No Tech Challenge and Photo Challenge

A challenge a day to keep you busy for a whole month.

April 1, 2020
by Robin Macintyre

Ernest’s birthday cake – The Delicious!

Step one : make four Victoria sponge cakes

Step two: Ā take one cake and cover it in jam, add another layer, cover it in icing, then repeat this pattern until the top layer has icing on (we used butter icing)

Step three: Ā cover in strawberries, chocolate buttons, Smarties, chocolate sprinkles, mini eggs, silver balls and sugar rice paper flowers.

Step four: tuck in!

March 27, 2020
by Julia Zuzanna
1 Comment

School at home

I have been doing way more online activities since the lock down. I still have beenĀ  talking to my friends by skype .Its fun but at the same time its not , becauseĀ  it would be good to see friends face to face. I have done some literacy and maths. my favourite was doing the safe online activity.

March 27, 2020
by Kaitlin

Home school

I think doing school at home is kind of fun. Although I do miss my friends and I get distracted easily. I am getting as much work done as I can.

March 27, 2020
by Victor Dudkowski

Its sad not going to school

Its sad not going to school because of the corona virusĀ  but its the governmentsĀ Ā choiceĀ but we cant do anything because its for our safety but I like this because I can keep in touch with my teachers and friends.

March 6, 2020
by Mrs Nixon
0 comments

World Book Day

Primary 1-3 enjoyed lots of learning linked to World Book Day including a story at assembly, reading with friends, a library treasure hunt and talking about their favourite books. We then did a ‘book swap’ and got an opportunity to read our friend’s Ā favourite books. A surprise at the end of the day was the highlight! Better late than never! šŸ˜€

February 12, 2020
by Mrs Nixon
0 comments

Symmetry and Snowflakes

P1-3 were learning about symmetry by creating their own patterns. We spoke about lines of symmetry and all children were able to identify at least one line of symmetry if not more.