Snow days

Hello P5/20

I hope you are staying safe and enjoying your day. Tasks, if you would like to, for the snow day are . . . .
1. Write an exciting snowy adventure.
2. Can you create a matching game for 3D and 2D shapes, ie the match would be a description of the shape and a picture of the shape.
3. Play the games on the links section of this blog.
4. Read your ‘horrible’ book.
5. Have fun, tell me what you’ve been up to in a comment!

17 thoughts on “Snow days”

1. Hi Miss PS today I am going to watch a movie I don’t know what one yet, I am also going to go sledging and we might even build a snowman!

Hope you enjoy the snow!

Jasmine
    xxx (-:

Have lots of fun Jasmine, I hope you have a lovely day.

2. Hey Miss P.S,
    I am Having a movie day with my mum sis and bro.
    And were just going to be chilling,and i am going to go outside with my doggy Poppy to play in the snow!!!!

P.S saddly my little sisters rabbit Gismo died last night and she is heart broken 🙁

Hope you enjoy the snow!!!!!

Oh Abby that is very sad for your wee sister. Give her a big hug for me.

Hope you enjoy your movie day. I am very jealous that you are going to go out and play in the snow.
    Stay safe and have fun.
    Miss PS

3. Sam in the snow

One dull day Sam was sitting by the window staring at the old oak tree pleading it to snow.
    “Sam, dinner time.” called his mother from the kitchen.
    Sam trudged through into the kitchen, his head hanging.
    He wanted it to snow so badly, Sam loves snow he likes having snowball fights with his best friend Bill, and every year Sam attempts to build a igloo but his dog Toby always wrecked it.
    For the last week Sam had been praying for snow, but it never came.
    That night Sam clambered into bed and Toby slid in with him.
    In the morning Sam oppened the curtains and there was snow.

4. I’ve built a snowman with my sister and I’m away to go sledging after I do my glow homework !!!

Hope you are having a nice day x
    🙂 🙂

Sounds like good fun Erin. I hope you enjoy the rest of the day.

5. Everyone was exited because it was only a week until Christmas, but there was no snow. Usually at that time of year there would be heaps of snow,but as the time got closer and there was only 2 days left there was still no snow I didn’t get my hopes up on Christmas Eve, but I knew that christmas would still be the same, just no snow.

I woke up in excitement and ran to mum and dads bed to wake them up and my sister followed behind me. Peering through the window there was snow, I was so happy. Everything I asked for was in my stocking including my transformers !!!
    <3

6. I had to go to my mums work this morning. It was very boring. I have been out sledging this afternoon with my friends, tried to build a snowman but it didn’t work. I have also done my facts about robbie burns and have read some of my horrible histories.

Hope you are enjoying the weather.

Jack

7. The Snow Fairy
    Have you ever wondered how nature gets its glow – who gives it light and colour as the seasons come and go? Well this is how…
    One snowy cold morning in Pixie Hollow, in the top of an enormous tree, lived a little winter fairy called Silver Mist. As she woke up, she could hear the snow landing on the icy path and the rivers all freezing! Just then as she was stretching in her leaf bed, she remembered that she had to prepare all of the equipment for changing autumn into winter! So she quickly pulled open her snowy icy drawers and grabbed her beautiful blue leaf dress and blue sparkly petal shoes and put them on, she sprinkled some fairy dust on hear everlasting black hair and flew out of her huge tree!!!
    As she was flying over Winter Wonderland where she lived, she saw her friend Terence, so Silver Mist went over to talk to him!! “Hi Terence, why are you in Winter Wonderland it’s too cold here for you”? She asked him! “IIIIIIIMMM HEEEEEER T-TOOOO TALKK T-TTOOO Y-YOOOU!” He shivered, as his hat was almost of his head! “Well let’s go to the Lady Bug for a little cup of warm hot chocolate” she whispered! “T-that wooould b-be lovelyy” he said!
    So first after they had left Winter Wonderland they past threw Autumn leaf, then they past the Nature fairy’s that’s where they look after all types of nature (except from eagles) After that they past Summer Petals!!! Last but not least the past threw Light Shine that’s where they put rainbows in to cones, and to keep it in the cone you put a leaf over it and you would do the same for the sun because the last light of day is the richest kind of all!!! Finally they got to the tinkers nuke that’s where the tinkers work. They make pots and canals, so they went to there cafe that was called “The Lady Bug” so

8. they quickly raced over so that they could get a comfy seat!!! As soon as Silver Mist and Terence got into the café they sat down to have a well-deserved rest!! Suddenly a fairy came over and asked “What would you fairy’s like at The Lady Bug Today?” “Could we please have 2 yummy hot chocolates with little marshmallows and wiped cream on top” Silver Mist murmured! “Would that be all?” the fairy muttered! “Could I have a little sparkly fairy cake as well please”! She said quickly!!! “Your order will be coming up!” The fairy placed the 2 yummy hot chocolates on the mushroom table with the fairy cake.
    “So what did you want to tell me Terence?” Silver Mist asked! “Oh yes!” he shouted! “You don’t have to prepare everything anymore!” “Why?” She said! “Because now you get to be part of helping all the other winter fairies make autumn into winter at the Main Land!!!” Terence yelled! “That’s sparkling!” She screamed! “Sorry Terence I have to fly!” After she got back to the Winter Wonderland she saw everyone almost gone!!! “Wait for me, wait!” She shouted. “Thank goodness we thought you weren’t coming!” the winter fairy told her. “We need you to come to the Main Land were the humans live to change the season!!!” “Ok!” She shouted with excitement!!
    So Silver Mist got ready with all the others. Suddenly a fairy shouted, “Ice fairy’s to the east, to the north, snow fairies to the south, to the west!!!!” After a long flight over the huge buildings and monuments they arrived!!! All the winter fairy’s suddenly made all the grass and trees snowy and the ice fairy’s turned the pond pure white and Silver Mist was having an amazing time and after all the hard work autumn had turned into winter!!!
    That is how seasons change and how winter turns into spring, spring into summer and summer into autumn.

9. No school today

Tommy did the exact same routine every morning but one snowy Tuesday morning Tommy got a email saying “Dear Tommy, The school is closed because the roads are really bad and the snow is covering the school door. From The school”.
    Tommy’s mum Ann walked into the living room to ask if he wanted to go sledging while his sister was away at her best friend’s party. Tommy shouted “yes” at the top of his voice while he jumped up and down. Ann told Tommy to go and get changed into his navy snow suit and thick red jacket. While Tommy was getting changed Ann went into the garage to get Tommy’s luminous yellow sledge. Once Tommy was wrapped up in his warm winter clothes, they set off to the steep hill in the school playground. Tommy felt extremely terrific as he stood on the edge of the school playground as his friends dashed through the snow towards him. Justin was already up at the top of the hill on his sledge ready to go zooming down the bumpy slope. They stayed there to lunchtime and then Ann came with hot chocolate for each and every one of them. You could hear Justin gulping the hot chocolate down. Ann asked all their mums if they wanted to come for a sleepover. All the mums agreed so after they collected Tommy’s sister from the party they had to quickly eat their supper because it was getting late. Everyone was tired so they got their pjs on and jumped into their cosy beds and soon fell asleep.

10. Hey Miss PS, I was wondering if you could print out a copy of Healthy Life Style because it was in my bag now its gone and I have checked about 20 times 🙁

Yes I have a copy, I’ll be at school till 2pm if you want to come and get it.

11. I also made just a little snowman at my Nan’s house while we were still off. I feels just like Christmas again because I went sledging at my Nan’s house too!
    