P5-7 Showcase- I’m an Engineer, I Can Help Here!

Primary 5-7 have been learning about flooding to help them become more resilient if such an event should happen. Primary 5- 7 pupils joined together today to showcase their learning from throughout the week. At the beginning of the week all of the pupils had been  finding out about flood risks in their local area. All classes completed a variety of tasks linked to flooding. They came under the categories; Be Aware, Be Prepared and Know How to Act. Some classes designed and created; flood emergency kits, rain gauges, rain alarms, pulley systems, water pumps, water filters, bridges, rafts, shelters and lights.

A Primary 5 pupil said, “I learned that sand would be used to stop water from getting in because it doesn’t drain well. Parks might use stones because they drain water the best.”

A Primary 6 pupil said, “My favourite activity was building a raft and getting to test it outside.”

A Primary 7 pupil said, “I learned that you need a valve and suction to pump water out using a plastic bottle.”