CLIC Targets – Week beginning 01.02.21

Counting- I can count to 100.

I have attached a video below. We love using Jack Hartman in class to get moving and counting. There are lots of his videos available on YouTube.

Learn Its- The learn its schedule 5: 4+2, 5+2, 6+2, 7+2,9+2, 4+3, 5+3, 6+3

The aim across the next term is to develop quick recall of these addition sums. Practise them for a short amount of time each day. You could use fingers or concrete materials if your child needs this support. Over the coming weeks we will work towards your child being able to instantly feel confident with the answers to these sums. We’d love to see videos of your progress.

It’s Nothing New-

In particular try to focus on halving this week. Try to use concrete materials (any objects that you have around the house) to demonstrate halving to your child. For example, show them 10 cars and get them to divide them into two groups and give you the answer. Immediately after, ask them to double 5 and encourage them to see the relationship between the two. We would love to see videos of your halving this week. I have attached a video on halving that your child may want to watch and hit the button that you may want to play.

Calculations- Multiplication: I can find the total amount of blocks (Sets out 3 lots of 4 blocks and finds the total)
Remember to:
-Set out one ‘lot of’ 4
-Set out another ‘lot of’ 4
-Set out one more ;lot of’ 4
-Check you have 3 groups
-Check there are 4 blocks in each group

Give your child concrete materials to physically make groups for you. For example ask them to make 5 groups of 2. Once they have set out their groups, ask your child to find the total for you. I have attached a multiplication video below your child may wish to watch. Again we would love to see any photos or videos of your progress.

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button