CLIC Targets – Week Beginning 1.3.21

This week we are continuing to work on these targets.
C – CORE numbers
I can understand numbers to 10 Show visually number stories e.g 5 = 3+2, 2+3, 4+1, 1+4 etc
Try giving your child a number and challenge them to tell you as many ways as possible to make that number. In class we have explored this with numbers up to 20.
L – Learn It’s  4+2, 5+2, 6+2, 7+2, 9+2
We are working on instant recall of these number sentences, without using fingers or other materials We would love to see a video of some quick recall!
I – Doubling and Halving
Continue to work on doubling and halving within 20. Our doubling is coming along nicely, but we need some more practise with halving.
You can work on Hit the Button to practise these – feel free to send any pictures or videos of your work in this area.
C – I can solve a subtraction number sentence e.g 6-6
Remember to:
Read the number sentence
Set out the number of objects to start with
Tell me how many you will be taking away
Take the object away
Count how many are left
You will find 2 subtraction activities and a learn screen on Education City – for the worksheet, you can read this to your child and see if they can tell you the answer. We’ve added a number line to 20 below to support this.
Links/ Files
https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button

Back to School!

Primary 2 have enjoyed their first week back in school! We spoke about the best thing about being back at school and most people were so happy to be able to play with their friends again. We were all very tired by the end of the day and looking forward to a restful weekend!

CLIC Targets – Week beginning 22.02.21

These are our CLIC targets for this week:

C – CORE numbers

I can understand numbers to 10

• Show visually number stories e.g 5 = 3+2, 2+3, 4+1, 1+4 etc

L – Learn It’s

4+2, 5+2, 6+2, 7+2, 9+2

• We are working on instant recall of these number sentences, without using fingers or other materials

I – Doubling and Halving

C – I can solve a subtraction number sentence

• e.g 6-6
  • Remember to:
  • Read the number sentence
  • Set out the number of objects to start with
  • Tell me how many you will be taking away
  • Take the object away
  • Count how many are left

SNOW DAY FUN!

Primary 2 had lots of fun playing in the snow this week! These are some of the lovely pictures they shared!

It looks like they all had a fantastic time and really made the most of the wintery weather!

CLIC Targets – Week Beginning 08.02.21

You’ll see below that many of our CLIC targets have remained the same as last week. Keep trying to practice these targets over the coming days and bolster your child’s confidence. Counting- I can count to 100. I have attached a video below. We love using Jack Hartman in class to get moving and counting. There are lots of his videos available on Youtube.

Learn Its-

The learn its schedule 5: 4+2, 5+2, 6+2, 7+2,9+2, 4+3, 5+3, 6+3

The aim across the next term is to develop quick recall of these addition sums. Practise them for a short amount of time each day. You could use fingers or concrete materials if your child needs this support. Over the coming weeks we will work towards your child being able to instantly feel confident with the answers to these sums. We’d love to see videos of your progress.

It’s Nothing New- Doubling and Halving within 20.

We have worked on both doubling and halving within 20 over the last few weeks. This week we would like you to give your child a mixture of doubling and halving questions to solve to see if they can confidently distinguish between the two. Hit the button can still be used to help develop quick recall.

Calculations- Multiplication:

I can find the total amount of blocks (Sets out 3 lots of 4 blocks and finds the total)

Remember to:

-Set out one ‘lot of’ 4

-Set out another ‘lot of’ 4

-Set out one more ;lot of’ 4

-Check you have 3 groups

-Check there are 4 blocks in each group

Give your child concrete materials to physically make groups for you. For example ask them to make 5 groups of 2. Once they have set out their groups, ask your child to find the total for you.  Again we would love to see any photos or videos of your progress.

You will find 2 additional videos on Google Classroom to support these targets.

Links:

Hit the Button: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button

Video (Count to 100) : https://youtu.be/3txltaYkTyE

Directions Challenge

This week primary 2 have been learning about position and direction. I gave them a challenge to follow directions while blindfolded and/or to give someone else directions while they are blind folded. I saw some fantastic videos of P2 demonstrating their knowledge of directions and most importantly, having lots of fun!