Monday 30th March

Today please revise the qu sound. Here are some videos which you may wish to watch. I have loaded a qu game on to Education City that you can explore.

It’s great to hear that some of you began exploring the Oxford Owls Website with your child on Friday. If your are struggling to find a level that is appropriate for your child please let me know. You can filter by book band.

Maths

Here are our CLIC Challenges for you to work on across the week. Do a little bit each day. Do not feel like you have to cover all of these suggested activities in one day.

C- Counting on and counting back. One more and one less within 10.

I have added a more and less challenge to everyone’s SumDog account which you may wish to explore this week.

L-Doubles within 10.

This week challenge yourself to make some doubling stories with things in your house. See some examples below:

I found 3 eggs in my kitchen. I found three more, so I know that I had double. Then I had 6 eggs.

I found 5 pencils on my desk. I put 5 more with them to make double and now I have 10.

I found 4 leaves in the garden. I added 4 more leaves, so I had double and now I have 8.

I-Doubles within 10.

1+1=2     2+2=4     3+3=6     4+4=8     5+5=10

C-I can share out objects fairly.

An example you could try:

Put  3 teddy bears out and ask your child to share out sweets to them e.g 15 sweets so the bears get 5 each. Emphasize the importance of sharing them fairly and equally.  

Topic

For our Future Topic we have been learning about technology and the world of work. Have a look at this link about computers and how they work. If you would like to explore programming more you could download the free BeeBot app from the app store.

Have a wonderful day!