P1 Teddy Bears Picnic

P1M and P1S children visited the Botanic gardens in Edinburgh for a very special teddy bears picnic today.  We learned what bears need to survive-ask us about SWAF (Shelter, Water, Air and Food).  We hunted for paw print clues, played games and built our own islands in groups.  Tosca, our school teddy, had a great day out and was very well behaved.  We were even joined by some ducks this afternoon!

The children are desperate to go back again-maybe you could visit at the weekend or during the summer holidays?

You were commended on your super behaviour-well done boys and girls, it was a pleasure being part of this great day with you.  I’m sure we’ll all sleep  soundly tonight!  Tosca is already snoring!!

A special thank you to our parent/adult helpers-we hope you enjoyed your day out too.

2 thoughts on “P1 Teddy Bears Picnic

1. Boys and girls, what wonderful pictures! It looks like you had a great time. I was not surprised to read that you were commended on your excellent behaviour. I am so sorry that I missed the trip as I love going to the Botanics and I have some teddy bears at home who would have enjoyed this! I am feeling better every day although I still have to do a lot of hopping as my foot is still sore. You would think I look very silly!! I hope that I will be in school to see you soon as I miss you and Mrs McKay very much!

2. All the children, and Mrs McKay, are missing you, Mrs Sutherland. Hope you make a speedy recovery.