Seafield Primary School

Be Your Best

Primary 1 April 22nd

Morning Primary one!

I hope you all enjoyed the story ‘Lost and Found’ yesterday. I look forward to seeing some of your drawings when we get back!

Technology

Thinking back to the story again I am setting you a technology design task. In the story the boy and the penguin traveled in a small boat. Id like you to design and make a small model of a boat using anything you can find in the garden or junk in the house. You could design it in your jotter first and list your materials. Your model needs to float on water and fit two passengers. Try testing your model in the sink or in a shallow basin of water in the garden with an adult. Does it float?!

People who help usĀ 

Thinking back to our topic in school we were learning about people who help us. The postmen and postwomen are all stillĀ  working very hard to deliver important information and parcels in the community. Lets show them a big thank you by designing or colouring in a poster to put in your window or on your door. Follow the link and choose your design or create one of your own. Lets give them a big thumbs up!

https://www.royalmail.com/thumbsup

Number

Select two activities from your number grid, remember to keep practicing ones you find tricky to help improve your number skills. Record any working in your jotter.

Time

Today we will be looking at reading the time using o’clock and half past. Log onto Education city to practice the activities added to yesterdays time lesson. Keep practicing the days of the week!

Colourful Consonants

Select one of your read, spell write task cards and record your written work in your jotter. Remember to think about letter formation, spacing and full stops.

I hope you enjoy the activities! Wish I could see the wonderful work your are producing at home! Keep up the good work primary 1 and stay safe!

Mrs Paterson