Update from the P1 “family!”

Firstly the boys and girls in P1 have been saying how they “love this family” as they refer to the class and all the pupils. As a teacher this is lovely to hear from our little people that they see the class as a family 🙂

Secondly we have been such busy bees in Primary 1 that we haven’t updated our blog together for the past 2 weeks! Apologises! So a little update from myself on how P1 have been getting on.

We have nearly completed our set 1 sounds, we know our sounds; m,c,s,p,t and a.  We even gave blending our sounds a shot one day and reading 3 letter words!  The children tried reading the words man,mat,cat and map as a class.  They were all amazed at how learning their sounds will help them read :).  We are on to our sound i this week with the introduction of their first words ‘a’ and ‘the’ soon too!

We are doing an amazing job with our number recognition and formation and will be working on numbers 7,8,9 and 10 this week.

Our topic focus has been on “helping” and how we can help others.  The children have enjoyed listening to the story of The Good Samaritan and were able to draw parts from the story.  They have been able to discuss why helping others is good and helping others is sometimes called charity.  To hear more about their learning on this topic please come along to our joint assembly with  P2/1 on Friday the 29th of September.  The assembly begins at 9.15am, however, please allow yourself plenty of time to arrive and be seated as we are expecting this to be a busy assembly.

Hope to see you there! 🙂  Have a great weekend.

Miss Akram

(UNCRC – article 28:  I have the right to an education
article 29: I have the right to an education which develops my personality, respect for others’ rights and the environment                                                                         article 24: I have the right to good quality health care, to 24 clean water and good food)